Visa Application Services
ACROSEED Immigration Lawyer's Office

(Mon.-Fri. 9AM~6PM)
Contact us  

Application for Change of Status of Residence

Japan Visa Application Service > Application for Change of Status of Residence

1.What is an Application for Change of Status of Residence?

1.What is an Application for Change of Status of Residence?

In simple language this is just an application to change visas. Your 'status of residence' is just the type of visa you currently have. This is applicable to those who already have a visa in Japan who want to engage in different activities.

Some examples of this include:
・A person studying at Japanese university who graduates and then wants to start a job
・Somebody working full-time at a company who wants to quit and establish their own business.
・A person who gets married to a Japanese national etc. while living in Japan

There are a wide variety of reasons that one may need to change visas but the principle is largely the same. If your situation changes so that you no longer fit the requirements of your current visa you will need to apply for a different status of residence.

2. Useful Information

・Unlike Visa renewals there is no requirement to wait until 3 months before the expiry of your current visa to apply for a change of status. Ideally you would apply as soon as possible.

・Similar to visa renewals there is a 2-month 'grace period'. This means that as long as you submit your application before the expiry of your current visa.

2.What are some Common Case Examples?

I have just graduated University and want to start working for a Japanese company
I am working for a Japanese company but want to quit and start my own business
I am married to a Japanese person but we are thinking about getting divorced. How can I stay in Japan?
I came to Japan on a tourist to get married to my fiancé/ée.

We support people of all walks of life to live in Japan and offer free consultation. Our experts will support you and work with you to find the best way for you to come and live in Japan.

Call us on 03-6905-6370 for your free chat today.

3.Support we offer

1. Consulting

We work with you to find any things that may cause problems with the application and do our best to negate the damage that they cause.

We will match you with the best lawyer for your case based on the lawyer's experience and the particular details of your inquiry.

2.Preparation of Documents

We create all application documents to give you the best chance for success in your application.

In order to be able to prepare documents in a speedy and efficient way we have support staff who create the documents and these are then checked over by an expert lawyer to make sure that they are 100% After this you will be given the chance to look over before you sign.

3.We handle all trips to immigration on your behalf

We understand that especially in the current climate you may not want to go to immigration and wait in lines for hours. We also understand that not everybody has the time to spend a whole day waiting to submit the application and another day when they get the results.

This is why we handle all applications and collections of new visas on your behalf and you should not have to step foot near immigration.

4.We will liaise with immigration during the application

If we are asked to explain something in more detail Acroseed will work as a mediator between you and immigration to make sure that we can communicate what you want to say to them without any issues.

We will also support you in the case that immigration ask for any additional supporting evidence.

4.Google Customer Reviews

5.Prices(※Excluding tax)

・Our services are available nationwide. Customers living far away can also request services at the following rates.

・You can also pay by Visa card or Mastercard.

Change of status 150,000JPY
Free consultation/inquiry for visa application

Since opening our practice in 1986, we have been involved in consulting on visa applications for foreigners for nearly 40 years as an immigration lawyer.
Telephone consultation, email consultation, online consultation, and consultation at our office are available.