Visa Application Services
ACROSEED Immigration Lawyer's Office

(Mon.-Fri. 9AM~6PM)
Contact us  

How can I change to the Business Manager Visa?

Reviews from our clients
Visa Application Services >  Visa application Q&A > How can I change to the Business Manager Visa?
I am currently living in Japan on a Humanities Visa but want to start my own business. How can I change to the Business Manager Visa?
Ok so you want to start a business in Japan and convert your current work visa to a Business Manager visa.

The first step to do this is to establish your company.

There is a common misbelief that you must have a Business Manager visa in order to start a company. While this is usually the case for those living abroad who are aiming to come to Japan in order to start a business this is not the case for those who already possess a working visa.

However, there are a couple of things you must be incredibly careful about.

First, while it is possible to establish a business while on your working visa it is not permissible to make money from this company.

Secondly, a mistake many people make is resigning from their job and waiting too long to apply for the new visa. Specifically, this is 3 months. If you leave your job and then don’t either apply for the business manager visa or get a new job within 3 months your visa is likely to be cancelled. So, it is of vital importance that you do not fall foul of this.

The general flow for changing from a working visa to a business manager visa is as follows.

1.Create and officially establish the company (Although I have listed this as one step, in reality it is actually many steps.)

2.You will then have to register the details of your company to the tax office.

3.If your business is one which requires permits for example food production you will also have to apply for these.

4.After this is all settled, you will then have to start applying for your Business Manager visa.
Related services

Google Reviews

Free consultation/inquiry for visa application

Since opening our practice in 1986, we have been involved in consulting on visa applications for foreigners for nearly 40 years as an immigration lawyer.
Telephone consultation, email consultation, online consultation, and consultation at our office are available.